All skills in a routine may be submitted through the USASF Coach App. All Cheer teams are required to submit all props and have a legal ruling prior to competition. Dance teams are not required to submit props.
The USASF Rules and Legality Review teams are no longer using email for video submission.
Download the USASF Coach App from the App Store or Google Play Store by searching for “USASF COACH” or clicking one of the images below.
NON-US BASED (INTERNATIONAL) COACH:
To have a video reviewed please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The coach submitting the video must be a current USASF member, have a green light background check status, and must be attached to a current USASF member program
You will use your COACH login (same as your usasfmembers.net email and password) to login.
If you need assistance with locating your username you can ask your Program Administrator to locate your email through the program account or you may email email@example.com.
If you need to recover or reset your password you will need to go to your web browser or reset it from a computer at usasfmembers.net on the login screen.
For quick instructions for using the app please watch the video.
If you need ANY assistance using the app email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject APP HELP.
Coaches are encouraged to review videos prior to sending them to ensure they are clear and able to be utilized for review. There should not be any extra people in the video that could impact the ruling such as someone that is in view who could unintentionally be considered a spotter.
Please allow 10 days for review of your video and be aware response time is likely to increase leading up to major events due to the volume of inquiries. Please be patient and plan accordingly. Most replies will be sent mid-week due to the travel schedules of the officials on the USASF Legality Review Team.
- We respond by stating a submission is LEGAL or ILLEGAL for the tier/division/category selected when submitting the video
- We cite the rule violated for submissions that are ILLEGAL
- We only rule on the legality of the skill in the video, not the participants
- We expect you to have knowledge of the rules and will not be teaching the rules in our replies
- We cannot assist with changing choreography
- Our ruling is only valid if the skill is performed the same way in the video as at the event
- If called on a skill we said was legal the official at the event should point out the difference
- Videos should be filmed specifically for the purpose of getting a ruling
- Videos must be of your team in a practice environment
- Videos must be of a single skill or sequence of skills
- Videos must display in an upright manner when viewed (i.e. the floor should be on the bottom and the ceiling on top)
- Videos should include the minimal number of athletes possible
- There should not be any extra people in the video that could impact the ruling
- Athletes should be dressed appropriately (i.e. male athletes in shirts)
- Don’t ask us to call, text or contact you via any method other than using the USASF Coach App. We cannot give official replies via text, social media, our personal email accounts or any other non-USASF method
- Please allow 10 days for a review and most will be sent mid-week
- Please be sure to check the comments from the reviewer for any warnings
Examples that will not receive a ruling:
- Videos from competitions
- Videos believed to be of other teams
- Videos of more than one skill or sequence
- Videos of entire routines
- A portion of a video (ex: please watch from 1:30-1:45 to review pyramid section or please watch the group on the right and ignore the left side)
- A written description of a skill
- A video of a skill with a description of the difference with the skill you would like to perform